Prep time: 5 minutes
Serves: 1 person
Pairs well with: A bit of simple cookies like biscotti or shortbread are lovely on the side but stands alone very well
- 1 oz Bourbon
- 1 T Honey
- 3 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1/4 C Boiling Water
- Optional: Cinnamon Stick and/or Star Anise, as well as Sliced Lemon Garnish
- Measure into a small mug: Bourbon, Honey and Lemon Juice.
- Top off with boiling water.
- Stir until honey is dissolved.
- Add garnishes if desired.
- The classic version of the Hot Todday features Scotch or Brandy, but we go for Bourbon because of the smooth finish and vanilla flavor it adds.
- Fresh squeezed lemon juice tastes excellent but to save time, try a bottled organic or higher end lemon juice.
- This is a small serving so 1 1/2 the recipe for larger mugs.
- Avoid peaty Scotch varieties as they don’t pair well with the lemon and honey.
- When selecting honey it’s best to use a mild variety.
- Bullet Bourbon is our go to brand when we make this drink.
Photos by Laura Taylor