Prep time: 5 minutes
Pairs well with: Thai dishes, serve with saltier appetizers, and goes perfect with popcorn for movie night
- Lime wedge
- 2 ounces Dark Rum, such as Goslings Black Seal Rum
- 5 ounces Ginger Beer
- Fill a highball glass with ice.
- Pour your Ginger Beer into the glass.
- Slowly pour your Dark Rum on top of the Ginger Beer to create a rum “float” on the top.
- Give a quick squeeze of your lime wedge into your drink and drop your lime wedge in.
- Serve and enjoy this easy and delicious cocktail.
- This cocktail can be easily doubled.
- Bundaberg Ginger Beer is the best ginger beer for this cocktail and can be found in select Costco stores or well stocked grocery stores.
- If you can’t find Bundaberg Ginger Beer, Fever Tree or Reeds makes an excellent Ginger Beer.
- Goslings Black Seal Rum is preferred, however, Myer’s Dark Rum is very good as well.
Feature photo by Marla Smith Photography