Prep time: 5 minutes
Serves: 1 person
Pairs well with: Turkey dinner, as an after dinner cocktail, and sweater cardigans
- 2 oz good bourbon such as Makers Mark or Four Roses single barrel
- 1 Tbsp fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- Dash of orange bitters
- Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice.
- To your cocktail shaker add the bourbon, orange juice, maple syrup and a dash of bitters.
- Close your shaker and give it a good shake until the shaker feels nice and cold.
- Fill a highball glass with ice or one big craft ice cube, and strain your cocktail into your glass.
- Garnish with an orange slice and enjoy!
- Since Bourbon is the star of this drink, make sure to use a great tasting top shelf bourbon.
- Craft ice cubes are wonderful for this drink. You can find a perfect sized sphere mold here.
- You may be tempted to use store bought orange juice for this, but it will make it sweeter, so fresh squeezed is best.
- If you don’t have orange bitters, you can substitute for angostura bitters, or omit it all together.
- Orange bitters can be found here.
Photos by Marla Smith Photography
*This contains some affiliate links but only if No Qualms Mom thinks highly of the product or service. While NQM may receive a small commission from some sellers if you buy from them, please know that using my links does not affect your pricing in any way. And many NQM links are purely information—listed only to help you.