This Make-Your-Own Italian Soda Bar is a major hit at parties! It’s shown here as part of an Academy Awards Party.
There are different ways to pull this off but one key factor is a menu so guests know how to make them. I happened to have a chalkboard in my kitchen but there are many options on Etsy to get a downloadable poster.
Here are the steps to duplicate my set up:
- Create your menu on chalkboard (or print poster as mentioned above).
- Securely tape round style globe light strings around your chalkbaord or poster.
- Cover the light string cord with gold metallic crete paper.
- Put pumps on Italian Syrup options – I’d recommend at least 3 and probably better with 5; bar tending pour spouts also work but kids will tend to go overboard with syrup with them.
- Add pretty extras like a glass pitcher with half and half, cherries and whipped cream.
- Use paper straws or pretty stainless ones because guests will need to stir their creations.
- Provide taller glasses like those featured and if you don’t have any, all rental companies have them for around a quarter each.
- Right before guests arrive, pour plain sparkling water into a large drink dispenser.