Prep time: 5 minutes
Pairs well with: salty tortilla chips and salsa, or sharp cheeses and crackers
- 1/4 Cup Tequila Silver
- 2 Tbsp. Cointreau
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- ½ Cup frozen or fresh raspberries
- 1 Cup of ice
- Fresh raspberries and a lemon wedge for garnish (optional)
- 1 tsp. Tajin seasoning mixed with 1 tsp. granulated sugar for sugaring the rim (optional)
- Get your glass ready by running a cut lemon wedge around the rim.
- On a small plate or in a bowl, put your Tajin/sugar mixture in, and dip your rim into the seasoning to sugar your glass rim, coating all sides.
- Using a high powered or ice crushing blender, add in the tequila, Cointreau, raspberries, lemon juice and ice.
- Blend well, until the ice is crushed into a smoothie like texture, stopping to push the ice down if needed.
- Pour into your prepared highball or margarita glass and serve with a fresh raspberry and lemon wedge garnish. Serve, and enjoy!
- Frozen raspberries are preferred to keep this drink ultra frosty, however, fresh raspberries are just fine as well.
- To make this drink more versatile as summer bounty progresses, swap out the raspberries for blackberries, and the lemon juice for lime juice for a blackberry lime margarita twist.
- This cocktail is best enjoyed very soon after mixing, as per the ice content in the drink.
- Cointreau can be swapped out with Grand Marnier or Triple Sec if needed.
- The Tajin flavored rim is optional but so good, lending a tart and slightly spicy seasoning to play off the raspberries. The seasoning is super versatile and is excellent to season fruit salad with. It can be found at well stocked grocery stores or at this link: Tajín Clásico Seasoning Rimmer
All Photos by Marla Smith Photography