Welcome the new season with this floral and fruity cocktail. It is naturally sweetened, with light citrus notes, a perfect summertime sip!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Serves: 1 cocktail
Pairs well with: Sharp cheeses, grilled meats, and summer evenings on the deck
- 1 large, fresh strawberry
- 1.5 oz Tanqueray gin
- 1 oz St. Germain Elderflower liquor
- 1 Tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Fevertree Mediterranean tonic water
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle the strawberry until macerated.
- Add the gin, elderflower liquor, and lemon juice to the cocktail shaker.
- Fill the cocktail shaker with ice and shake well until incorporated.
- Fill a glass with ice and set a small strainer above it to double strain the pulp and strawberry seeds out.
- Pour over the ice, and top it off with tonic water.
- Garnish with a slice of strawberry and enjoy.
- If tonic water is not your thing, feel free to top it with club soda instead, or even 7-up if you’d like it sweeter.
- All tonics are slightly different, but the Mediterranean tonic water by fever tree is the clear winner when it comes to mixed drinks.
- Make sure your strawberry is muddled well to release the favor and to lightly and naturally sweeten the drink.
- You might be tempted to forgo using the small strainer, which is just fine, but using it will filter out any bits of strawberry for a clean, pink hued drink.
All Photos by Marla Smith Photography