Prep time: 2-4 minutes
Serves: 1 person
Pairs well with: Savory appetizers and grilled seafood dishes. Great to start a dinner party or as a refreshing topping off at brunch.
- 3 oz. Prosecco
- 2 oz. Aperol
- 1 oz. San Pelligrino
- 1 Blood Orange Slice Ice Cubes
- Place desired amount of ice cubes in glass.
- Pour Prosecco, Aperol & San Pelligrino over ice, gently stir.
- Garnish with round slice of a blood orange.
- Aperol is the star of the show so you don’t have to break the bank on top quality Prosecco, any good $10-15 bottle will do nicely.
- Blood oranges give the best color but Valencia or Navel orange slices work well too.
- San Pelligrino is our favorite but you can use with any unflavored sparkling water.
- To make a pitcher for up to 6 guests, use an entire bottle 750 oz. bottle of Prosecco, 12 oz. of Aperol, 6 oz. of sparkling water and 6 orange half- rounds.
- This spritz is often served in highball glasses but you can also serve it in large wine glasses or vintage iced beverage glasses (which have short stems).
- If you like the idea of having a variety of cocktail glasses check out thrift stores and antique malls for bargains. We have a mixed collection of many patterns which is both fun and functional (guests know which glass is theirs even at larger parties)
Photos by Laura Taylor