This is a perfect, running late night but want to eat fresh, healthy food option! It’s the second part in our Rotisserie Chicken Diner series and if you missed the first part, head here for the quick Bahn Mi recipe.
Prep time: under 30 minutes each
Serves: 4 people, per dinner
Pairs well with: light crisp beer, or a tall glass of cold Perrier with a lime
- ½ rotisserie chicken, diced into small chunks
- 6-8 corn tortillas
- 1 avocado, sliced
- ½ cup small, finely diced white onion
- ½ cup packed cilantro
- ½ fresh lime
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- Make your sauté sauce by whisking together the olive oil, salt, paprika, cumin, and chili powder in a small bowl.
- In a medium nonstick or cast iron skillet, sauté the chicken with the sauté sauce over low-medium heat until heated through and seasoned, about 5 minutes. Turn off the heat, and squeeze juice of half of a lime over your chicken and stir to incorporate.
- Warm up your corn tortillas, then fill them with the warmed chicken mixture, and top with the diced onion, sliced avocado, and cilantro.
- Enjoy with your favorite salsa and chips!
- Costco has the best rotisserie chicken for this recipe due to their robust size.
- The sauté sauce can be made up to a day in advance and kept in the refrigerator (just keep it on the liquid).
- This recipe can be easily doubled.
- Rotisserie chickens freeze very well! Buy 1-2 chickens at a time, divide and prep them into dinner sized portions and freeze them in zip lock bags until ready to use.
Feature photo by Liudmyla Novosad