In today’s sea of subscription boxes, how’s a girl to know which are worth it and which aren’t? It feels like there are suddenly a ton of them! I’ve bought a few and, over the last year or so, have looked at a lot of them yet decided to pass on them. I’ve been trying to only buy what I need and often the boxes are cool stuff but not really anything I need or aren’t really my style.
The last one that I bought was a FabFitFun box and I have so say that it really didn’t add up to enough value for me to want to continue with them. It was pretty meh…had a couple of decent items and then the rest were things I’d never use.
Then recently, while I was scrolling through Instagram, The Style Box caught my eye for a couple of reasons:
- Rachel Zoe is awesome and her curating the boxes pretty much guarantees amazing style and high quality
- I needed a new beach towel and I happen to adore Missoni’s fun and chic patterns – plus the colors of the towel are very pretty!
Well, the box arrived a couple of days ago and I wanted to share with you and give you an honest, no baloney review.
I want to tell you straight up that if you click on any of the links below and decide to try The Style Box, I will receive a small commission. I bought the box first, without any intention of being an affiliate for it, but after getting the box I was so impressed with it that I reached out to them. I’m super picky about what I like to promote or refer on my site so I don’t consider or talk about things unless I can fully vouch for them.
The beautiful big pink box certainly gave me a great feeling about the goodies that were inside! And ripping back the matching tissue showed me the Missoni beach towel that got me interested in buying the box. I’d remembered the included black macrame purse too, although that wasn’t what got me to plunk my credit card down since it’s certainly not a “need.”
It was vague in my mind about what else came with the box (you know the ole order and forget brain?!?), so I was pleased to remember as I unpacked that it also came with full size Oil Free SPF40+, Brow Setting gel by Benefit and earrings.
Also included perks: a nice booklet with from Rachel with style tips as well as additional discount codes for the different vendors. Cool.
At this point, you’re probably wondering how much all the goodness will set you back, right? Good news: I was just given an awesome promo code that I’ll share with you – the biggest of the season by the way!! And goodie for you! I had got $25 off but they just announced a $30 off coupon!
Just click the pic below and you’ll get the special price. Aren’t you just the lucky duck?!?
So here’s my down and dirty thoughts on each item:
- Missoni beach towel: thick, vivid and has plush terry loops so I’m sure it’ll be a well used and loved addition to our summer. It’s clear this is a fantastic quality towel and I’m a persnickity towel gal 😉 This isn’t a skimpy, scratchy number like many beach towels are these days. I’m thinking I’ll buy 3 more so we can have a full family set. Retail Value $220. REALLY, REALLY LIKE! (I’d say LOVE but it’s hard to LOVE a towel ya know?!?)
- Danielle Nicole Macrame Handbag: super nice quality! I’ve checked a few out at stores like Forever 21 and Nordstrom and this is for sure a higher end, well made bag. I like the shoulder strap for both practicality and style plus it’s soft and comfy. Nice lining and wood handles also give it’s quality level away. I hadn’t heard of this designer but I’ll definitely keep my eyes out for her now. It retails for $100. I don’t usually seek out a summer bag and I definately don’t need one…but I have to say that this one falls in the LOVE, LOVE, LOVE category!
- Machete Kate Hoops: these babies are very on trend and of the moment! I was expecting cute yet meh quality somehow. I hate to sound like a doubter, but I figured these were filler things and on the cheap side. Yet I’m pleasantly surprised! These are for sure nicer quality than others I’ve seen. Upscale and nice weight, made in Italy and retail value of $44. They sit nicely on my ear so I’m loving them. I know the Mother of Pearl option would have looked better with my dark hair, but I just got a spendy MOP pair at Nordstrom and have already worn them so returning wasn’t an option. I’m glad though that I got the tortoise because I think I’ll get more year round use out of them. LOVE!
- Benefit Cosmetics 24-HR Brow Setter Shaping & Setting Gel: I started using Benefit brand ages ago while living in San Francisco. They were and still are a great, reliable brand. I often do my makeup on the ferry with a go bag kit that I keep packed and this will be a great addition to it – my other tube of clear was dead 🙂 Retail value at $24 and this strongly fall in the YAY, LOVE category.
- Glo Skin Beauty Oil Free Moisturizer SPF 40+: I’ve tried it once and spend the afternoon outside in the sun. Went on well and didn’t give me that gross sticky pore clogging feel and the sunscreen held up well. Retails for $38. REALLY LIKE.
So the upshot of my experience? Fantastic! I can wholeheartedly recommend Rachel Zoe’s Box of Style! I paid $75 and the towel alone is worth that price so I’m thrilled with the purchase. And, like I mentioned above, you can get $ 5 more off than I did so it’s an even better deal!
The only other detail to mention is that The Style Box is quarterly so you can either get or skip on Fall, Winter and Spring boxes. They have a buy as you go rate or an annual rate so you can choose which is best for you.
If you take my advise and snap up this deal, click the photo below and it’ll take you straight to the site. Please message me or comment below and let me know what you think! Now get out and enjoy the summer sun!
All Photos by Marla Smith Photography
*This contains some affiliate links but only if No Qualms Mom thinks highly of the product or service. While NQM may receive a small commission from some sellers if you buy from them, please know that using my links does not affect your pricing in any way. And many NQM links are purely information – listed only to help you.